Use in Cancer : Leuzek (imatinib) is approved to treat :
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL) integrated with chemotherapy in adults and children that is Philadelphia chromosome positive. In adults, it is used for disease that has recurred or is refractory. In children, it is used as the first treatment after the disease is diagnosed.
- Advanced hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) and/or chronic eosinophilic leukaemia (CEL) with FIP1L1-PDGFRα rearrangement.
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia that is Philadelphia chromosome positive Ph+ CML, paediatric patients with Ph+ CML in chronic phase after failure of interferon-alpha therapy, or in accelerated phase, for whom bone marrow transplantation is not considered as the first line of treatment.
- Unresectable dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP) and adult patients with recurrent and/or metastatic DFSP who are not eligible for surgery.
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST).
- Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases (MDS/MPD) associated with platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) gene re-arrangements.
- Systemic mastocytosis.
Important: The drug information on this page is not a substitute for medical advice. The information may not cover all possible uses, actions, interactions, or side effects of this drug, or precautions to be taken while using it. Please see your health care professional for more, information about your specific medical condition and the use of this drug.